Prior Private Equity and Strategy Background:
- Achieved average investment return of 44% per year pre-tax in private equity investments
over 14 years (1983-98) for one of America’s wealthiest families.
- Initiated service business private company consolidating acquisitions program with major private equity firm that increased value from $4 million to $142 million in four years.
- Key financial advisor in 1983 on $1 billion buyout of minority shareholders in Koch Industries.
- Led sale in 1982 of private company in $100 million acquisition by Eastman Kodak.
- Sold assets of private U.S. manufacturing firm for 3x seller’s price expectation.
- Director of startup private computer company with two public offerings.
- Sold assets of U.S. manufacturing firm to Middle East company which is world’s largest in its business.
- Funding and sale engagements for several medical device companies.
- Structured venture startup of CFO Magazine and subsequent sale to The Economist.
- Chief of Staff of Crime Commission and Honorary Trooper, State Of Kansas.
- Developed corporate strategy for many clients including world leader in medical imaging systems,
world leader in process control instrumentation, and digital television component producer.
- Corporate strategy pioneer at The Boston Consulting Group, Inc. for seven years.
- Economic consultant to the World Bank on international economic development project in Venezuela.
- M.S.M.E. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Ph.D. studies at Stanford University.